This is the home page for the Mentorship Award. Please visit the Awards Home Page to apply for a different award.
Once you have read the requirements, please Click Here to submit your nomination.
This award acknowledges the efforts of established surgeons for their stewardship of fellowship trainees and junior faculty. The award recipient will be recognized during the Awards Ceremony at the Winter Symposium and will receive hotel accommodations for three nights (room and tax only) at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel, complimentary all-access registration to the Winter Symposium, complimentary guest pass, and reimbursed travel expenses up to $750.
- The nominator must write a maximum 500-word description of the mentor’s contributions to his/her training and career.
- The nominator must also provide a current CV for the nominated mentor.
- Regular or Candidate Members of the ASTS, within 14 years of fellowship, may nominate 1 mentor annually for this award.
- No mentor can receive the award more than once every 5 years.
Selection: Nominations are scored & weighted based on the following categories:
- Academic Achievements - 25%
- Clinical Contributions - 25%
- Quality of Nomination - 25%
- Duration of Service - 15%
- Number of Nominations - 10%