This is the home page for the Mentorship Award. Please visit the Awards Home Page to apply for a different award.
Once you have read the requirements, please Click Here to submit your nomination.
This award acknowledges the efforts of established surgeons for their stewardship of fellowship trainees and junior faculty. The award recipient will receive all-access registration to the Winter Symposium, three nights’ hotel accommodations (room and tax only), and reimbursed travel expenses up to $750 to attend the Winter Symposium. The recipient will be recognized during the Awards Ceremony at the Winter Symposium.
- The nominator must write a maximum 500-word description of the mentor’s contributions to his/her training and career.
- The nominator must also provide a current CV for the nominated mentor.
- Junior members of the ASTS (candidate members or junior faculty within 7 years of fellowship) may nominate 1 mentor annually for this award.
- No mentor can receive the award more than once every 5 years.
The Mentorship Award is based on the following weighted categories:
- Academic Achievements - 30%
- Clinical Contributions - 30%
- Quality of Nomination - 15%
- Duration of Service - 15%
- Number of Nominations - 10%